- now Like my Facebook Page
- read my Blog
- give me your email for free stuff
- or buy my stuff
I have ranted about automated DM’s on Twitter before in the following post: Twitter: Why I hate automated DMs! I have now found a very easy solution to stop the bulk of the automated DMs.
Most of the automated DMs come from SocialOomph.
(TweetAdder used to be a big source of automated DMs – I believe that Twitter and TweetAdder are currently involved in a lawsuit over spam. The amount of automated DMs seems to have dropped since the lawsuit.)
To opt out of receiving direct messages from SocialOomph is very straight forward.
- Follow SocialOomph Opt-out on Twitter @Optmeout
- Wait for @Optmeout to follow you back
- Send a DM to them when they follow you back. It literally can say anything.
- Unfollow @Optmeout
Very straight forward and far easier than getting irritated by automated DMs.
Let me know if you found this Twitter tip useful.