Apparently over 40% of the people I follow are “Dodgy“. If I am following you, there is a good chance that you are showing antisocial behaviour on Twitter. Did you know that you might be appearing on someone’s Twitter list to be cleaned up?
One of the questions people ask me is:
“How do I stop Twitter being so noisy?”
They have enthusiastically followed people and then get overwhelmed with the number of spam like tweets in their feed. A bit of housekeeping is useful and there are tools that can help you do this. One of the tools that has recently caught my attention is Twit Cleaner.
What I like about Twit Cleaner
- It allows you to check yourself out to see whether any of your Twitter behaviour would put you on a naughty list.
- It says I’m awesome. Okay, I am a pushover with a bit of flattery
- It allows you to unfollow people in an intelligent way. You would be surprised how many people I know quite well pop up in the reports.
- It gives you guidelines for what is considered acceptable behaviour and tips to improve your tweeting.
- It slowly unfollow people you select rather than all in one go.
Twitter doesn’t like mass unfollowing because it is used by spammers who will follow people just to get a follow back and then unfollow them automatically.
Caution: The dodgy behaviour is just Si Dawson’s (@SiDawson) opinion, it doesn’t make it the truth. Use his report as a guide.
Let me know if you would like some more housekeeping tips for Twitter, thank you.