Is your email box getting filled up with messages from Twitter? Are you are getting annoyed about being notified about yet another follower on Twitter? Well, there is a very easy way to change email notifications on Twitter so that you only get the notifications that are useful to you.
2. Choose Email Notifications
3. Tick the boxes you want
Tips for which notifications you want to receive
- If you are brand new to Twitter you will probably want to notified when people start following you. It is exciting at first, but as soon as the novelty wears off, switch off the notification.
- If you are using Twitter on a daily basis, you will see who has followed you, favorited your tweet and replied to you from the @Connect section of Twitter. I have these unchecked because my email box is full enough!
- If you like responding immediately when people chat to you on Twitter, keep “My Tweets get a reply or I am mentioned” ticked.
- Twitter is not very good about indicating when you have a direct message (or private message) so I find it helpful to get email notifications when I receive a message. There is a lot of spam in direct messages, but I have found this function useful. You would be amazed how much business starts with a direct message.
- Your life will not fall apart if you don’t get any Twitter news via email. I am in the Social Media business so it is useful for me to know some updates.
Don’t let your Twitter email notifications annoy you, just change them to suit you. Let me know if you found this post useful by leaving a comment, thank you.