Have you ever thought about what would happen if Facebook shut down to all your photographic memories? Or what you would do if your LinkedIn account was suspended and you couldn’t access your contacts? Or imagine if someone hacked into your Twitter account and they changed the password and username overnight? Could you prove that it was your account? So, have you ever thought of backing up your Social Media accounts?
If you are using Social Media for marketing your business, you need to consider backing up your Social Media data. The benefits are:
- You can keep a record of all your updates and Tweets
- You have a record of your connections, friends, likes and followers
- Makes conversations easier to find
- You can review your past activities
- Your memories are yours to keep especially your photographs
Now, when I first looked into backing up my Social Media accounts, it sounded incredibly complicated. You had to do a separate thing for each account and it relied on me remembering to manually back up each account from time to time. I tend to be a bit useless at manually backing up anything. [Note to self: Must remember to back up my mobile telephone numbers!] It’s always something that I feel that I should do, but avoid doing because ….
….it’s not that exciting and I can think of thousands of things to do instead.
I have since found a far easier solution. I have been using SocialSafe for a while now and it automatically backs up
- my Facebook profile,
- my Social Media for Newbies Facebook Page,
- my Twitter account,
- my LinkedIn account and
- my Google+ account
Each day without me doing anything other than switch the computer on.
I love the ease of use, their help desk is very friendly and it is very affordable. If you are considering backing up your Social Media accounts, you can do if for free by manually backing up each site or using a series of tools, but I thought it would be silly not to tell you about SocialSafe if you are like me and don’t want to think about it.
I don’t spend much time referring back to my past but I have found it reassuring knowing that it is all there.
Some things that I have use it for
- Checking DMs, Twitter has an annoying habit of only showing the last 20 DMs and I often receive contact information from clients via DM
- Checking conversations with a particular person. It will show all the conversations across different Social Media platforms.
- Finding testimonials
They have a 60 day free trial so you really have nothing to lose if you want to try it out for yourself.
I would love to hear your thoughts about backing up your Social Media. Have you thought of doing it? Or are you already backing up your accounts?