One of the most frequently asked questions I get asked about Twitter is: How do I get more followers on Twitter?
My top tip is to follow people first.
- The easiest people to follow are the people who you already know.
- They are the most likely to follow you back
- and are far more likely to engage with you.
Did you know it was very easy to follow all your LinkedIn contacts on Twitter?
Good reasons to follow your LinkedIn connections
- Building a quality network is very important on any Social Media platform and why not use the quality network you have already built up on LinkedIn?
- Twitter allows you to be more informal than LinkedIn so you will see a more rounded aspect of their personality.
- A lot of the activity on LinkedIn is hidden in Groups whereas all Tweets appear in your Timeline
- Twitter tends to have a faster pace and so you will get a more speedy response
- You already know them so you will have things to Tweet about
How do you follow them?
Either you can go to each contact on LinkedIn and click on the follow button on their profile
- Go to “Who to Follow” in the top bar of your Twitter Account
- Click on the “Find Friends” tab
- Find LinkedIn “Search Contacts”
- The first time you do this is you will need to allow permission for Twitter to access your LinkedIn account
- You will be shown a list of LinkedIn connections who have a Twitter Account
- Click on the Follow buttons
- You can even save your LinkedIn Connections as a Twitter list
Easy! Isn’t it?
This is worth repeating every now and again because
- you may have new connections on LinkedIn
- some LinkedIn contacts may have recently joined Twitter
Let me know if you found this useful by leaving a comment below.