Are you using Lists on Facebook yet?
Lists have always been on Facebook as a way of grouping people, but now Facebook have made it more obvious that they are there.
So if you are not using them yet, maybe it is time to start. If you want to know why it is a good idea, read this: Facebook: Why you should your friends in lists .
I thought maybe, I could inspired you with three creative ways to use list.
But first, I thought I would show you around Facebook lists.
1. Avoid Top News, the Ticker and Adverts
This idea was inspired by a wonderful post by Sott Ayers of Bubze How to never see the Facebook Ticker or Top Stories (His video is well worth watching too!)
Did you know that Facebook allows you have control over what you see in your News Feed? If the Ticker is annoying you and you don’t like seeing ads, you get rid of them completely by filtering your News Feed by using lists.
The advantage of doing this is that
- you can filtering want you want to see in the best way for you.
- you see the news that is important to you in strict reverse chronological order
- you can focus on your Close Friends or Family if time is tight and you don’t want to miss anything important.
- No advertisements
- No ticker distracting you
- No Top News cluttering your recent stories
2. Curate information for your Facebook Page or Blog
I read a lot about Social Media, so I have friended Social Media people and have liked Pages that are great sources of content. Lists are a great way to find content to share. Here is what you do.
- Subscribe to people who are thought leaders in your field
- Like Pages that are relevant to your business
- See which of your friends do a similar thing to you
- Create a list with all your sources of content
- When you need inspiration or good quality content to share, click on the list
- Your News Feed is transformed into your very own library
3. Stop People from seeing that you are available on chat
If you like being available for chat on Facebook, but…
- certain people keep on popping up to chat to all the time
- or you don’t want to be available to a particular person
here’s how you do it.
- Create a list for those people and give it a suitable name e.g. Block
- Go to the chat bar and choose the Settings option
- Choose limit availability
- Choose “make me unavailable”
- tick the list
- Alternatively, you could make yourself only available to particular lists of people.
Let me know if you have started using lists recently. What do you use them for?