Are you wondering how to get more comments on your Facebook Page? The more interaction and engagement you get on your Page, the more visible it becomes and the more likely it will reach your ideal customers. You can’t force people to comment, share or like your posts, but by changing and tweaking a few thing you do on your Facebook Page, you can get a far better response and improve your visibility of your Page.
Post regularly on your Facebook Page. Aim to post at least 3-5 times a week. So many Facebook owners are sporadic about their posting. They will post three posts within minutes of each other and then nothing for days on end. Set yourself a manageable goal like an update a day and stick to it. It is easy to get despondent, but remember consistency builds momentum.
Start with your Fans in mind. You have to give them a reason to keep coming back to the Page. Make sure you post quality content. Are all your posts at least one of these:
Are all your posts the same? Remember that variety is the spice of life and that you can mix up the types of updates you post. How many of the following have you posted recently?
- Questions and polls
- Pictures – Pictures get the most shares on Facebook.
- Videos – YouTube is a great source for content. You could always record a quick video directly onto Facebook to let people get to know you a bit better.
- Audio – Free tools like Audioboo allow you to record a short message for your fans or how about sharing an interview with an expert?
- Links – to blog posts or interesting articles
- Something silly – Just because it is a Business Page, it doesn’t mean that you can’t be light-hearted sometimes.
It is easy to forget that building a community on your Page works both ways. You need to show that your care about your fans. Do you respond back to comments that people leave within a short time? Many business page owners view their Business Pages as a way to broadcast their message to potential customers and forget that it is a great way to build relationships.
- Show that you have read each comment by either commenting back or liking the comment.
- Don’t ignore negative comments. By responding in a helpful way, you can create a more positive outcome. Others who feel the same way may be watching how your respond.
- Be interested in what your fans want to know about. Ask them questions to find out more about them.
- Everyone loves the opportunity to talk about themselves or their business. I have a Fanpage Friday every now and then to encourage people to interact with my Page.
- Allow people find out more about you. Let them see behind the company logo.
When you post an update, do you just post a statement or do you ask a question? We are programmed to respond to questions even if it is answering it in our head. Questions help to build engagement. There are a few things to bare in mind when you ask questions:
- Most people don’t have that much time to respond to your question
- The quicker and easier it is the respond to the questions, the better the response
- Nobody wants to write an essay as a comment
- For the best response: Ask questions that need a yes, no or a word or a short phrase as an answer
If you want people to comment, like or share a post, the best way to do it is to ask them to do it. Call to actions aren’t just “buy my product” if you want more engagement with your Page, you need to explicitly ask for it. Some suggestions of call to actions are:
- If you agree with this, click like
- Share this with your friends
- Leave a comment below
- If you find this useful, share this post so that your friends can find out about it too.
- Let me know what you think by leaving a comment
Sounds simple, doesn’t it?
Remember not to give up. Sometimes you will be the most comments from unexpected sources. Pay attention when you get a good response and do more of the same. Let me know which tip is the most useful to you. And don’t forget to share this post with your Facebook Friends. (Couldn’t resist adding this call to action!)