How well do you know the people who have Liked your Facebook Business Page? What do you know about them? If you only have a few fans then they may all be your friends, but ideally you want to use Facebook to grow your business and so you may have a large number of people you haven’t met yet.
Ok, Facebook can’t tell you about their personalities. Hopefully, that will come across when they interact with you. Facebook Insights can tell you about your fans demographics. So you can find out the general
- country of origin
of your fans.
If you click on Insights in the left column, it allows you more options for example “Like”, “Reach” and “Talking about this” (see below)
If you click on the Likes, this is what you will see
My Page has a bias towards women who are 35-44. They do say that you attract people who are like yourself to you!!!
- This age group becomes even stronger when you look at the demographics for people “Talking about this” (you can also see the demographics for “Reach” too!)
- The people who are most like me are interacting the most with me.
- Just under 80% of my fans are over 35 which means that there is a wealth of experience between all of the fans
About half of my fans are in the UK which means almost half of my fans are not!
- There would be no point in my heavily promoting my local Social Media workshops on the Page because only a small proportion live locally to me
- I have to think about how to offer my services online.
- I also need to be conscious of the time I post updates
- The Google Analytics for my website which show region are similar, (just under half of my visits are from the UK and about 30% from the US)
So what do you know about your fans? Have you looked at Facebook Insights to find out more about them? Let me know in the comments below.
Other posts about Facebook Insights