You’ve suggested your Page to your friends. You have posted that you have a new Page on your Personal Profile and asked them to Like your Page. You have shared your Page again and begged them to Like your Page. So how do you gently nudge your friends to like your page without annoying them?
Here are some ways:
On your Facebook Profile
- As your employer – So many people are missing this prime opportunity which is highly visible on your profile. Go to update info, then click on the edit button in the work and education section. In the box that asks you where you have worked, add “@” and start typing your Pagename, select your page name from the dropdown box and you have created a link to your Page.
- In the “About” section - It may be be a bit subtle, but why not use the opportunity to add information about your Facebook Page in the information section, now called “About” in the new Timeline. Places you can add your Page details are the work section, the about you section, as a website in the contact section and there is also a Pages section if you have more than one Page. You can add more than one Page as an employer in the work section, but only one page will be hyperlinked on your profile.
- Share from you Page to your Profile - If you are providing valuable content on your Page by sharing it on your Profile you remind people that you have a Page.
- Tag your Page when you talk about it - Simply use @YourPageName and you create a hyperlink directly to your Page for your friends to click on. Make it easy for them to get to your Page.
- Give them a reason to like it – Don’t expect them to like your Page just because you are their friend. What value are offering them?
As Your Page
- Post on your friends’ Pages as your Page – obviously nothing that conflicts with their business interests and nothing self promotional. It is a simple reminder that your Page exists. Be helpful and supportive as your Page.
- Post a Picture with People on your wall and ask them to tag themselves – make sure that you have allowed tagging on your page.
- Ask a question (one of the options at the top of update box) and share it with your friends
- Invite them to share their Pages on your Page – Every second Friday I have a Fanpage Friday on Social Media for Newbies Page where I encourage people to share their Facebook Pages.
- Encourage activity on your Page by responding to posts
- LinkedIn allows you to add 3 websites, why not use one for your Facebook Page?
- Your Blog – Add a badge so that they are reminded each time they visit your blog.
- Your Website – Add a badge
- Twitter – If you have space you could include your Facebook Page in your bio, alternatively Tweet about it
- Your Email Signature – Keep reminding them about your Page.
Two things to remember about getting friend to like your Page
- The aim is to get people that you don’t know yet to like your Page not just people you know. Ideally you want your friends to be a small percentage of your total likes.
- You have to tell most people HOW TO like a Page, many people will think that they have liked the Page because they have liked your post asking them to like your Page. Make sure your call to actions tells them exactly how to like your Page i.e. Please like my Page by clicking this link and finding the “Like” button on the top of the Page.