Have you ever had a week where so many amazing things happen that you find yourself smiling most of the time? Well, this week was one of them for me. I thought I would share some of the things that have made me happy this week and give you five reasons to be happy.
- It is contagious - Yes, happiness can be viral and can even be caught over the phone. On Monday, I had a chat with Heather Bestel, she has agreed to do an interview for me for my blog and it was great having the excuse to catch up. Heather is one of these people I would describe as a ray of sunlight. I met Heather on Twitter and she is a Facebook friend. In the time I have known her, I have never seen her say anything bad about anyone or anything. She is abundant in praise and support and I have found her inspirational, not only in what she has achieved in the last year, but from seeing the love she generates from other people. I positively beamed after we finished our chat, I actually felt as if I was glowing. I definitely caught her happiness!
- It makes you feel better - Endorphins are so much more fun than feeling low, aren’t they? Happiness gives you a bounce in your step and more energy. Just think about how it feels physically when you are depressed or down. Which would you prefer? Happiness is a choice.
- It draws nice people to you – This week has been filled with lovely conversations with nice people. From my Toastmaster friends to my Ladies who Latte group. I had a delightful conversation with Dee Blick, the fabulous author or Powerful Marketing on a Shoestring Budget who has also agreed to be interviewed, too. I was struck by the lovely people I am surrounded by on both a professional and personal level.
- It counter-balances the negative people around you. I was invited by Tom Evans to attend an event called “Good Vibrations” which just happened to be hosted by a friend, Uzma Afzal. I had no idea what to expect. There were sixteen of us and it started with an extract had inspired the day. It was from Dr Wayne Dyer’s “Power of Intention” about how the energy of a single positive person with good vibrations balances out the effect of many negative people. What a great excuse to be happy!
- You are alive – During the the Good Vibrations day, something someone said reminded me of a very powerful TED talk I had seen “Stroke of Insight”. I mentioned it at the time and sent everyone a link to YouTube, but what really touched me was Evonne Brown sent a lovely email thanking me for it and urging the rest of the wonderful people who had attended to watch it. I have included it here because after Evonne’s email I watched it again and was again struck by its power.
I have had a very happy week and I thought I would like to share a bit of it with you. I would love you to share yours too! Let me know what your reasons to be happy are. Be great to have your comments!
Other articles that you might be interested in