Is your LinkedIn Updates feed quite noisy? Do certain people dominate your Updates? Do many of your contacts feed their Twitter Stream into their LinkedIn automatically? Would you like an easy way to filter your updates so that you can find out information that is important to you?
I thought I would share five simple ways to make sure you don’t get overwhelmed!
1. How to hide prolific people from your updates
Sometimes some people will be updating constantly which means you might miss updates from your other connections. This might happen when people have connected their Twitter feed to automatically post updates on LinkedIn. You can hide their updates from you without losing them as a connection.
- Simply hover to the right of their status update
- The word “Hide” will appear
- Click on the word “Hide”, you can always undo this action later.
- You will no longer see their updates
- Their updates will still be visible to you from their profile.
- To see who you have hidden and to unhide them in the future, see below
2. How to search your updates for information that interests you
1. Find “Search Update”
2. Choose the topic that you want to search for by using keywords
3. This search will search all the updates on LinkedIn.
You can further filter your search by
- How they are networked to you
- How recent the update was
- Other filters to make the search more relevant to you
You can save the search if you are likely to use it again.
3. LinkedIn Today
LinkedIn will now present the top five articles that they believe are relevant to you each day. You will find these here
To adjust LinkedIn Today to showing you the articles that you are interested in, click on the LinkedIn Today hyperlink on your Status update or find it under “More”. The video below is from the LinkedIn Learning Centre.
4. How to Customise your Updates you see on your Home Page
- From your options of your Status Bar select “More”
- and then select “Customize”
- It will then open up on the screen below
- The default is set to you seeing everything
- untick the boxes you don’t want to see
5. How to filter your updates in other ways
You are given a number of other ways to view your updates such as to see which activities are taking place in groups by your connections. It is worth having a play around to see which ones are useful to you. Knowing the different ways you can view your updates means that you can be more efficient with your time.
Let me know if you found this useful by leaving a comment below, thank you.